As 2014 draws to a close, I feel the call to set some intentions for 2015. 2014 was a year of release for me. My intuition and my soul have been taking me deeper into my life, and onto my path. This has been a year of release. In order to move forward we often have to let go of the anchors that keep us bound to a past that is no longer ours. Detoxing the mind, the body, and spirit allow us to have clarity without it being through the lens of our past. There are still things I am working on releasing, but I’ve learned never to rush this process. Moving with grace and kindness allows for deeper growth to occur. When we are able to take ownership and responsibility for our lives in profound ways. What do you need to release as you move into 2015? What lens of your past are you filtering your present through?
I realized that by taking responsibility of my past, I am able to stand in power. Owning my difficult parts as well as my beautiful parts allow me to be whole. Journaling has really helped me to gain perspective on my life. If you are not journaling, i would recommend that you set the intention to make journaling a part of 2015. Journaling is tangible. The journal becomes the altar to our soul. Write down whatever makes you shine from the inside out. I love to include quotes, prayers, passages from sacred texts, pictures, and things that inspire me. By carrying my journal with me, I feed it my life-force. I give it life. The journal is a living extension of my being.
Love is powerful. Learning to love through the chaos of existence has not always been the easiest of tasks. I’ve had my share of challenges this year. Relationships and friendships were challenged, some survived, and others did not. I’ve learned to hold the pain and the joy in the space of love. Even with people leave my life, I’ve never put the out of my heart. Learning to hold even our enemies in the light of love is powerful. It releases us from the binds they might have over us, and it lets us be whole. Taking responsibility for our lives is empowering. This allows us to forgive ourselves. When we can offer forgiveness to our past, to those that have brought us the lessons, and to the current moment we are able to be liberated.
As I move into 2015, I am setting some clear intentions and goals. I feel it is time to make a lot of changes. Making a public declaration of these intentions allows me to hold myself accountable to them. What intentions are you setting for the new year? What goals are you going to try to manifest for the upcoming year? Write them down, put them in your journal, and carry them with you, take them out often and look at them, breath them in, and live them.
Here are my 2015 intentions:
- Its time to be a raw vegan. I’ve done this in short spurts, but now it is time to make the transition. Cleaning up my diet, my life, and my connection to the food I am putting into my body is necessary this year.
- 365 days of yoga and meditation. I need to take my personal practice to a new level. I need to live my yoga this year in a new way.
- Finish my book. I’ve stutter started and stopped this for way to long. This is the year that the book comes to life. Stay tuned.
- How I do my sessions is changing. I am expanding and letting go. Opening to new ways of doing things, and coming back to the reasons why I started this work in the first place.
- Im pulling back from social media. I am making social media outlets a place to expand the soul, and open to deeper consciousness. Rather than just sharing what others have done, I am going to make a conscious effort to transmit the words and works of my soul.
- Travel, travel, travel. I am looking to make 2015 a year of getting out into the world to meet other seekers. I want to visit ashrams, spiritual communities, and festivals. Still planning things out, but as soon as things firm up, I’ll be posting them here.
- Youtube, blogtak, and this blog are going to blossoming this year. I am going to engage my platform in new ways this year. You’ll want to stay tuned. I plan on doing weekly videos, weekly posts, and of course the radio show. This is exciting and I look forward to brining this to all of you.
- 365 days of poetry. The poet in me has been asleep for a while, and now I feel it’s time to process some of the life lessons through poetry. I hope to release my chap book mid year. I’ll be posting poems to this blog.
These are just a few of my intentions for the year. There are others that are more personal, but these are just a few that I felt would be appropriate to share on this blog. I’ve learned a lot about myself this past year, and I look forward to what 2015 brings.
What are your goals and intentions for 2015?
May you be blessed in light as you move forward. May the light of your soul radiate like the sun.
You are loved. You are Beautiful. You are Divine.