According to a world population data 108 people die every minute. We never know when we will say our final prayer, that deep exhale. These numbers also remind me of how often so many of us take for granted the fact that we are breathing. When life gets chaotic we hold or breath. We forget that it is the breath that helps things to move. We have to remember to breathe.
Intentional breathing helps us to make each breath count. To go into a place of purpose with each inhalation and each exhalation. When we connect into this space of intention we invite spirit into that moment with us. We “bring in” something that we might be missing, and create space for clarity, connection, and movement.
So, here is an easy process that will help you to start a process of intentional breathing:
1) Pick a word, a concept, or something positive that you want to bring into your experience. (love, hope, peace, joy, connection, compassion)
2) Bring that word into your mind’s eye. Focus on it, begin to feel it move through you.
3) Take a deep in-breath. Breathe that word into every fabric of your being.
4) Exhale and create space for the next breath, create space for the intention to become reality.
5) Keep this process going. The pause throughout the day and re-connect into this space of intention.
Where do you hold your breath? When do you feel that you need movement? What do you feel you need in your experience that you are lacking?
One thought on “Intentional Breathing: Creating Sacred Space”
So simple, so profound! I love it!