I feel like Madonna 90% of the time. My life is a constant action of defining, re-defining, and coming into alignment. This is the beauty of my experience. I claim my spiritual ADD proudly. I wear it like a badge of honor, and I’ll venture into the sometimes dark places to find the nuggets of light.
My path is unfolding into new places and new people are coming in now to make some of my dreams a reality. My spiritual team is working on both sides. Now, I just need to fully show up to my experience.
There is a fear when it comes to owning our dreams. What comes next? Can I sustain the dream once it leaves my head and enters this density? Am I ready?
The spiritual path is not always an easy one, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’ve learned to wear my battle scars proudly, they are reminders that I have lived. This is a year of taking ownership if my life, and I am doing so.. Sometimes kicking and screaming, but always moving.
I’ve been on my yogic path for many years now., and the spiritual/quasi-spiritual even longer. I picked up my first book on the esoteric when I was 7, and my first book on Wicca when I was 10 (casting spells and all–Not many know that little tidbit). I’ve always considered myself a seeker, and I am a professional student of the divine. I’ve done a lot in this lifetime, and there is still much to do.
Here is a brief list (to demonstrate that I’m not kidding about the Spiritual ADD):
- When I was younger I was going to be an archeologist, a chemist, then a doctor
- I use to preach from the the bible to my grandmother because I was going to be a televangelist. (oh how the tides have changed)
- I was a member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians, had a magic coach, and did a show for a 300 person audience
- I’ve looked into, studied and participated in many, many, many martial arts systems and styles, holding ranks in many.
- I’ve been in covens, circles, groups, of all shapes and sizes
- I’ve taught bootcamp, yoga, bootcamp-yoga, cycling, one-on-one fitness
- I served my country in the US Navy (10 years)
- I danced the glow sticks at raves (and was paid to do so)–refer back to number 4. 🙂
- I’ve worked in marketing
- I’ve worked in activism
- I started out in vegan campaigns at PETA, then did every campaign at PETA (more like the campaigns do YOU at PETA)
- I’ve marched in marching bands, I’ve sung in choirs, I participated in Tuba Christmas 3 years in a row
- I’ve worked in a new-born nursery
- I do readings, healing, yoga, teaching, and somewhere in there I find time to breathe…
- I host a radio channel with 4 different shows, 4 very different topics, and keep them all sorted nicely
That’s the abbreviated version. If you take your eyes off me for too long, you might loose me… but I always come back to the place I started.
My life is about to streamline, and its terrifying and its beautiful. I am about to launch my new site, create new direction and own myself fully. The process of becoming me is never ending. I’m still learning. I love not having focus because I feel that’s how God truly exists–in a constant haze of frenzy, experiencing creation as its being created.
When I stepped onto the yogic path, I was initiated into a mantra, given the Mahayogi Das name, and aligned with the energies of Shiva (he’s seems as ADD as I am according to some of his legends). So I am claiming this journey fully, and owning my spiritual side. I am not spiritual being living a human experience. I am being living a full experience.
There is a lot on the horizon. I’m still wrapping my head around some of the stuff that is manifesting as a reality. I’m going to do a follow-up post, but just wanted to get some of this energy out there now.
So, I’m embracing this new me. I’m owning this part of myself. Plus, it’s going to be the name of my new company… so, no going back 🙂
More to come. Keep tuning in 🙂
Mahayogi Das CFT CSN MAT PAT