There is a lot of buzz this year surrounding all the wonders this year is heralding. I am seeing more lightworkers waking up to their purpose, healers coming into their power, and people taking the step into a life they might not have imagined possible. We know that this year is bringing in a new and powerful energy. It is tangible. It is amazing to be on the front lines of this changing dynamic, this new and beautiful energy, but there is the other side of the coin that we are not really discussing.
There is a universal balance that naturally occurs as awakening takes place, and as light beings are moving into places of power, so are those that are not of the light. In this changing dynamic it is more important than ever for us to hold our center, breath, and protect ourselves. This is also one of the most neglected areas of psychic work. It’s fun and powerful to be able to connect and gain information, but we have to do that from a place of protection and grounding. Information and energy is moving around us quickly, and we really need to be careful of how much of our personal power we give away. Below I am going to give you some techniques that I use to invoke a bit of protection in my own practice:
- Hematite is a great protection stone. So is Black Tourmaline. These stones are like little soldiers that will help to absorb the negative energy energy around you. The beautiful thing about stones is that they work even if you are not conscious of the fact they are with you.
- White light and affirmation work. Saying affirmations of protection throughout the day is a great way to remind yourself that you are protected and surrounded by the white light of the divine. Sit and visualize the energy moving around you, and through you. Then extend this energy into the spaces that you are in to ward against any energies that might be in those spaces.
- Eat healthy foods. Yes, eating poorly lowers our immune system, our energy system and makes us sluggish. Give yourself lots of leafy greens, fresh raw veggies, and water throughout your day.
- Exercise. When we are in motion we are less stagnant and are able to move energy around and through us with ease. Holding sacred space even in our physical activities is important for our growth and connection to the temple which houses the soul.
- Develop a daily spiritual practice. I like to start my sacred practice first thing in the morning. This can be as involved or as simple as you want. I do yoga, affirmations of protection and grounding, visualization of white light, and a few other techniques that are my own. Start the day in gratitude and try to find “sacred moments” throughout the day
- Breathe. This is probably the most important thing to be aware of. I notice people holding their breath throughout the day. Breathing in itself is cleansing. So BREATHE!
- Tune in throughout the day. Are you giving away power? Are you in center? Where are your thoughts? Carry a pocket journal and tune into spirit through the day. Develop communication and conversation with your intuition.
It is not my purpose to create any fear, but we really need to be sure that we are keeping up with these shifting energies. We want to be sure that we are as healthy and whole as we can be. Moving into divine space is a beautiful thing, and as a teacher it is my goal to help you get there safely.
Here is a recent episode of: The Psychic and The Witch with a discussion on protection work.
In a future post I’ll discuss magical protection. Using charms, amulets, gris gris, roots, and physical body practice to engage the protective elements.
You are loved, you are beautiful, you are divine.
Michael A. Brazell CFT CSN MAT PAT